Los Angeles Division Buddy Program
The objective of the Buddy Program is to pair up more experienced L.A. Division “mentors” with newly enrolled “buddy” members (or even longer-termed ones); thus providing each buddy with a resource for assistance, guidance, direction or information they might request about the NMRA or the LA Division.
Depending on the mentor a buddy is matched with, this might include:
- Helping the newer member meet other like-interested modelers
- Answering questions or directing them to others who might have an answer
- Providing experience or informal support when thought advisable
- Arranging with them to attend events or meets, either virtually or physically
- Finding ways to keep the newer member interested and engaged in the NMRA and the hobby
- Introducing them to NMRA programs, such as the Achievement Program or EduTRAIN
- Determining, then building upon their passions; allowing the newer member to branch out into other areas of the hobby
- Suggesting ways the newer member might find enjoyable while contributing to the Division and Region
While reading through this list of possibilities, should you view yourself as either a mentor or someone who’d like to be "buddy’d-up", go to the Contacts tab for Mike O’Brien’s contact details.